Use a classic vanilla sponge cupcake recipe such as
- 190g unsalted butter, softened
- 190g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 190g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
For the butter icing:
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 375g icing sugar, sifted
- 4-5 tbsp Hedgerow Gin with Rhubarb and Raspberry
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the Cupcakes
- Heat your oven to 180C/160 Fan/350F and put paper cases into 12 holes of a bun tin.
- With a stand mixer – Beat the butter with the caster sugar until light and fluffy – Combine the eggs and self-raising flour with the butter/sugar mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mix into the cupcake cases evenly and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer poked into one of the cakes comes out clean and they are springy to touch – leave them to cool fully on a wire rack.
- Pour yourself a refreshing G&T using Hedgerow Gin with Rhubarb and Raspberry.
For the Icing
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes to loosen it – gradually beat in the icing sugar until well combined (this can take up to 5 minutes).
- Add in the Hedgerow Gin with Rhubarb & Raspberry one tablespoon at a time, and beat fully each time. (we added a tiny drop of pink food colouring to enhance the colour).